Originally Posted by Troutnut
Just started driving one for a work truck a few weeks ago. I don't think I'd want to tow much of anything especially in any mountains or hills but not a bad pickup so far.

It’s hard to get through as people just can’t seem to wrap head around what boost really does. That turbo is another bank of cylinders that is unaffected by elevation. So if you live 2000’ and under and never spend much time above you’ll not like see all the boost benefits.

I live at 4000’ there’s a hill near here the highest point of the transcanada highway about 4700’, we all have to tow it heading west to play. At this elevation the 2.7t has 90 ft/lbs more torque than the 5.3 and it has that at 1100 rpm lower.

There’s plenty of tow test videos online. It runs around a 5.3 all day long. It can actually do more work than the 5.3 and it can suck the gas to prove it. At my elevation I have 22 ft/lbs more than the 6.2! Sure it has 63 more hp but it’s also much heavier.

So have fun with that work truck but it’s more work truck than a 5.3 as it has a proper truck motor in it. wink