Originally Posted by Woodsman1991
More interesting data on the 6.8 Western vs 7mm PRC. With 6.8 Western brass being picked up by ADG I suspect it may come out the winner in the long run.

Pardon his theatrics and conspiracies. Take note of the data though. It tells a valid tale.

Not trying to ruffle feathers here but I think the 6.8 Western is DOA, just too many options these days for the 6.8W to develop a loyal following to keep ammo and rifle manufacturers stocking such items. For those who MUST have a short action magnum, the 6.5 PRC fits the bill pretty well.

To suggest that the 6.8 W outperforms the 7PRC, well maybe, but who cares, if were chasing velocity only there are others that leave them both in the dust. The 7 PRC in my humble opinion is the "easy button" for a high-bc bullet/cartridge combo that is ideally suited for long range hunting for those who are into that kind of thing. As much as I like my 7mm RM, the 7PRC makes both the 7RM and 300WM superfluous.

As I get older, I like to simplify my life, I don't care for heavy recoil and I like ammo that is affordable and available.

Now, time to build a 270W!

Last edited by 257Bob; 04/09/24.