I really should have reported his initial results from the get-go, I suppose.

He's only fired his new rifle with the open sights at 50 yards, and he's gotten 2" groups at that distance that were 8" above POI. In addition, he had occasional extraction problems, in that the extractor would yank the fired case out of the chamber, and then the case would slip out of its position between the bolt face and the extractor, remaining there in the bolt raceway.

The barrel-mounted front sling-swivel base also slid loose (it sounds like it was sort of a compression-fit arrangement with the bbl.), and it was necessary to slide it back into position. Of course, it'll need to be soldered or wunder-glued in place at some point, I suspect.

I didn't get to shoot, handle, or inspect the rifle, but I've shot side-by-side and hunted with the man who bought it for 30 years (he got me started on the 375 H&H, for example), and believe me, this gentleman knows his rifles, and he knows Africa and what needs to go into a safari rifle.

That's why his initial results bothered me, leading me to ask about some of our members' experiences with this rifle. I'm not in the market for one, but I do hope to install a proven 6.5-20x scope on my friend's Caparivi 375 H&H, just to see how fundamental accuracy measures up. The rest of the problems aren't good, but they shouldn't be insurmountable or unfixable, either.......

AD