Originally Posted by MSK07
I agree, it will be difficult to trust this rifle, which is why I may leave it at home and take the Sako .338 instead.

But here's the latest in the Kimber saga:

Customer service called me today and attempted to blame me for the accuracy and headspace issue:

1. They accused me of allowing someone else work on the barrel, as they found Loctite on the barrel threads when they removed the barrel. I tried to explain to the woman on the telephone that Loctite had been used to mount the scope bases. The screw holes on the forward receiver ring for the scope bases do go fully through the ring and would allow a little Loctite to drip down onto the barrel threads. That's hardly equivalent to allowing another gunsmith to work on the rifle.

2. She also argued that the stock never should have been modified to allow the barrel to float, because the Caprivi is not supposed to be free floated, and that the stock work was the cause of the accuracy issues. I explained that the stock work was done because the gun has shot so poorly ever since it was returned from Kimber the first time. I further explained that even if the barrel is not supposed to be floated, no ebony tip on a stock should exert asymmetrical pressure on the barrel the way this one did. That's a fundamental of stock work. Do you really want the glue joint under that much stress?

Anyway, I suspect it's all smoke and mirrors; Kimber just trying to get out of having to stand behind their product by blaming me for the rifle's problems.

In the words of my wife: "Honey, you are never ever buying a Kimber again. Your next rifle should be a Jarrett."
.................Geees! I would find out who the big wheel is at Kimber and write a detailed letter to this person detailing everything in chronological order. If possible, go beyond whom you`ve been dealing with up to this point, possibly a warranty rep, supervisor, or even a person higher up the ladder than that.

If you`re going after non-dangerous game, your Sako 338 is just fine. You don`t need a 375 H&H anyway, let alone a rifle you cannot trust!

My buddy in northern Cal has a 375 H&H Ruger Magnum rifle, which is their $2K version. He bought it recently brand new and from the box, he hasn`t done anything to it. With reloads, his accuracy according to him, is always consistently at 1 1/2" and less, with no other complaints from him except for its weight which he expected anyway.

This ugly businees you`re getting from Kimber, is no doubt certainly frustrating!!

28 Nosler,,,,300WSM,,,,338-378 Wby,,,,375 Ruger