Let me give you the run down on my Kimber experience thus far. I couldn't be more irritated with this company or more concerned about their quality control.
I bought the .375 H&H Caprivi and shot about 30 rounds through it, at which point the barrel band came loose. I was getting 1 inch groups at that point. Sent the rifle back to Kimber to fix the barrel band. When it finally returned, barrel band looked good but groups at 100 yards were now 2 to 3 inches. Noticed that the stock was now impinging on the right side of the barrel. I had a master stockmaker work on the stock until the barrel floated again. But I was also having increasingly frequent misfires. Tried different ammo, but no improvement. Noticed the primer indentation was quite shallow. I had two local gunsmiths look at it. Both agreed the firing pin protrusion was adequate, but they both found that the headspace was wrong in the chamber. The no-go gauge goes just fine, with slop in the bolt.
Here's what really hacks me off: after screwing around with this gun for months trying to work out the bugs, my African safari is rapidly approaching. I only have 3 weeks to go before I board a plane for Namibia. After spending $3000 on a rifle, no one should have to deal with such shoddy workmanship. I'm interested to see if Kimber can make this right before I leave.