Originally Posted by DanAdair
MD, thats odd. I was up in the 47+ grain territory with 129 Hornady's and you could still hear a little powder shake in a loaded round. Those TSX's must be even longer than a conventional 140. What kind of speeds are you getting and how long is your pipe?

In my neck of the woods, you never know what you're going to run into in the country I hunt. Black bears, Elk, Muley's, Whitetails, or Kittys. I'll admit it... Thats part of why I favor the 140 grain loads I shoot. I've never been let down by the terminal effect I get from a 140 Partition at 2750. It's gruesome on bigger deer laugh

My Rem 700 has the factory 22" barrel. I'm running 120 TSX's at 2930 fps, give or take, and 129 Hornady SP's at 2890, more or less. I've only shot two mule deer and a blacktail with the 120's, but given the terminal performance I have little interest in shooting game with anything else -- other than for "research" purposes whistle. When I want to shoot 140 gr bullets I carry a .280 -- but I would have no qualms about carrying my .260 with 120 TSX's on a mixed-bag big game hunt.

All that being said...I might try some 140 TSX's just for the fun of it, because I would have no worries about it at 2750 fps.

It's a fun gun to shoot, too, cause it don't kick, even at 6.5 lbs...

Dennis

"The more you run over a dead cat, the flatter it gets."

"If you're asking me something technical, you may be looking for My Other Brother Darrell."

"It ain't foot-pounds that kills stuff -- it's broken body parts."