Originally Posted by Pete E
I'm about to have my M591 Sako rebarrelled to .260rem, so this has been a very informative thread..

With regards brass, I considering using either Lapua .243win or .308win as the starting point...

Would there be any advantage to one over the other, and what steps would be involved to form it to .260 cal?

Thanks in advance,

Pete

Pete,

243 brass necks right up to 260 with no other steps.. and 308 necks down to 308 with no extra steps... on the 308 you might have a wrinkle at the bottom of the neck... but that never seemed to bother my rifles when I have used that 308 necked down brass...

I pick up a fair amount of used 308 brass off the ground at our local range...and that gets necked down to 260 as I don't shoot a 308...

There was a real neat article on the 260 vs the 308 as a tactical round tht was a very interesting read. It is in a special edition of one of the major rifle mags, with a title of Long Range Shooting or something to that effect.. I read the article over at Walmart last night..

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez