I suspect we are in more agreement than disagreement. I quit using Barnes X for exactly the reasons you cite, except in my .257 Roberts -- where I got velocity and accuracy along with devastating terminal performance.

I finally got talked into the TSX's by folks up here, and for light bullet, high-velocity loads in cartridges like the .260 and .280, they just can't be beat. I hve little interest in going that route with my .35 Whelen, or even .375 Ruger, because once you get over half an ounce of bullet construction becomes somewhat less important. (Let's see if I can start a riot with that statement grin.)

And changing powders was my entire point, originally. In the .260, I believe, and the manuals support this belief, that Re 15 and 19 and H 414/WW 760 produce higher velocities (at safe pressures)than other powders. Changing powders to something that works is way better than stuffing more powder into a case.

Whoa, dude. We just had an entirely civil argument about ballistic gack. They should give us prizes or something grin.

Dennis

"The more you run over a dead cat, the flatter it gets."

"If you're asking me something technical, you may be looking for My Other Brother Darrell."

"It ain't foot-pounds that kills stuff -- it's broken body parts."