Steve,

I have found Hornady bullets work very well too. I have killed a pile of critters with their 130 and 140 grain bullets in 270 and 270 Weatherby.

I have also used their 139 grain bullets a lot in 7mm-08 and 280 with perfect satisfaction.

In 30 caliber,I have used them in 150,165,and 180 grain flavor out of rifles in 308,30-06,and 300 Win Mag.

I have had more dead right there kills with these bullets than any others,and trust me I have used a lot of different bullets.

I often find them just under the offside hide of dead critters and they tend to weigh about half their original weight and expand to about twice their original diameter.

This doesn't impress some people,and they think these bullets failed. Whatever,the critters are still dead.

My friend Van,used the 180 grain Hornady out of his 300 Weatherby to kill more than a dozen Brown Bears that were poorly hit by clients with various wunder bullets from various wunder guns.

I have used them to keep very big,very nasty hogs from hurting people in similar circumstances.

I don't use Hornady bullets exclusively, still like to try other stuff,but when somebody tells me they won't work as well as their homometalic bondage core bullets,I just grin and nod. grin

Britt