Originally Posted by nsaqam
Originally Posted by Savage_99
I got high pressures in summer heat with MagPro! The load that was good in the 270 WSM in the late fall showed very high pressure shooting the loads up in the summmer. I would not use MagPro in any load.

I worked up these loads in 80+ degree temps so they should be just fine in November when it's 20 degrees.
I like how MagPro meters and I like my velocity. I haven't gotten good results with H4350, H4381,or Varget. Barely 270 Winchester velocities and similar SD and accuracy. I have had good luck with RL22. 69 grains behind a 130 grain Hornady SP average 3262 with a 19 SD and MOA accuracy. The same charge behind a Sierra ProHunter 130 grain gets me 3191 and 25 SD.
Still have to experiment with RL17 when I can finally get some but for now MagPro is my powder of choice for the 270WSM.
BTW Huntz, seems that any load I put into the Tikka shoots MOA. The Hornady SP is consistently the fastest bullet in my rifle.

Agree with you on the accuracy.I just tried out my new 6.5X 55.Shoots 1/2" with Speer 140`s.I have not chrono`d it yet.

Its all right to be white!!
Stupidity left unattended will run rampant
Don't argue with stupid people, They will drag you down to their level and then win by experience