Kevin we just disagree and that is ok. I tried to shoot an 1100 for sporting clays about 8 years ago. I know others who have also and they just can't keep them running.

Parts breakage was an issue. The magazine tube coming loose from the receiver was the big one. Trigger parts broke on a fairly regular basis. The flat bar on the inside of the receiver that is peened in kept falling out when you would take it apart for cleaning. Repeen and in awhile it would be loose again. This was all with one ounce shells.

I was at a shoot just recently were Remington had a representative with a table display of their products. I mentioned that I really like the 1100 but they were so unreliable. He said shoot this one and come back and tell me that. I shot practice 5stand with it and had 4 malfunctions in 25 rounds shot. This was with new factory Remington shells. Others had the same experience. The Remington reps were cleaning them on the table after someone brought one back from using it.

I do think the 1100's of earlier vintage are stouter and seem to be more reliable. As mentioned the 1100 points like a dream. Recoil is probably less than any other semi. I would shoot one if it would hold up. Today that is not the case and as much as I would like to I can't honestly recommend a 'fire member to buy one.

Addition: All this being said, at the same shoot I talked about I happened to win a new 1100. Gave it to the son of a friend of mine who is just starting to shoot. I know that boy is going to be shooting alot next summer. Well see what the future holds. Hope I'm wrong.

Last edited by battue; 09/19/08.

laissez les bons temps rouler