I shouldn't but just gotta throw in my two cents. The 4-H 20 gauge 1100's go through 100 - 150 (sometimes more) shells each week during the summer (12's fewer generally) and haven't had a stoppage for a couple years now. No parts replacement except one barrel seal (O ring) that was probably 3 years old and I noticed it was getting pretty stiff. When we had stoppages it appeared that carbon and oil buildup on the magazine tube was taking too much energy out of the system. When cleaning after each session I clean the tube with ersatz Ed's Red then wipe dry with a paper towel. I don't even take the piston/seal off the tube. Ammo makes a difference. We got the best deal on Federals a year ago and did they ever carbon up the mag tube. Winchesters this year and so much cleaner.

For shooting more rounds than that without cleaning I have no opinion, just don't know.

-----------------------

Oh yeah, clear, sticky residue building up in chambers causing hangups, but that happens in pumps too. Believe it's a combination of heat and manufacturing lube on the hull.

Last edited by nighthawk; 09/20/08.

The key elements in human thinking are not numbers but labels of fuzzy sets. -- L. Zadeh

Which explains a lot.