For me personally, I am willing to spend time and money going for that last 3% on bins because I spend so much time looking through them, plus it's fun debating all these optical issues with you guys, but for some reason I'm perfectly happy with the forty five year old Balvar on my Mauser, old VX II Leupold on my Remington or B&L Elite 3000 on my Kimber.

The reality for me is that I hunt big game in Montana so no night hunting, I haven't hunted varmits and I have never missed a shot because I wasn't able to see the target through my middle of the road scopes. My actual time sighting through the scope is miniscule compared to hours looking through my bins, so I prioritize my dollars accordingly. I realize others will have different priorities due to the type of hunting they do, their disposible income and desire to use the very best. I don't know if I would splurge for Euro scopes over Leupy even if money wasn't an isue for me, like I said, I haven't noticed a need for upgrade in that area.