Well... i'd much rather expound on perception than on locking rings <g>, but if the masses want to talk locking rings and not the subtleties of cognition... well hell...

I am a lover of Leupold scopes.

That said, I REALLY do not like the locking ring. The ONLY time I've had an ocular move significantly in the field has been when that locking ring came loose, and then the (very easily turned) ocular moved.

In contrast, I was just handling my 3.5x10 Conquest before I typed this, and I'm sorry but rubbing against a pack isn't going to move that thing. Or, let me put it differently. A guy would have to strap their rifle to their pack so unimaginably "wrong" to get that ocular to be moved by rubbing that... that... it just isn't gonna happen IMHO.

And finally... even if it DID move a little, what's the big deal? Move it back. It's not going to go so out of focus as to be a problem anyways.

I'm sorry E, I'm not trying to be argumentative with you, I just don't see this as being a "plus" on the Leupold side of the balance sheet! Quite the opposite actually.

The CENTER will hold.

Reality, Patriotism,Trump: you can only pick two

FÜCK PUTIN!