I got my BL-22 Grade II brand new in 1978 at Lorant's Sporting Goods in Shreveport, LA at Christmas. I was in the Air Force stationed at Barksdale AFB. My wife told me to go get something I really wanted ( S&W 357 Mag) so off I went. I had a friend from the base working part time so I really wanted the 357 Mag. He showed me the Browning BL-22 and said after inventory it was going to go way up in price and proceeded to convince me I would be happier due to the high cost of ammo for the Mag. I got the Browning with a nice soft case, 500 rounds of ammo, 2-7 Simmons Scope and a cleaning kit for $212 out the door. I have only shot it a few times and really love the gun. My son was only 2 months old and has now inherited this little jewel. I really surprised him on his 25th birthday when I showed him what I bought him as a "Baby" present. (Screw getting a Teddy Bear, real men want guns???). I even kept the box and all tags and the receipt as well.

Needless to say, my son can't wait for his next birthday as every year I open my safe and tell him to take his pick.

Hope he does not want the the Browning model 92 357 Mag I just bought today. May have to hide that one for a little while. Lastly, I did get my S&W 357 Mag model 19. What a great wife I have. I may have to keep her around?

That's my story and I am sticking to it. Hope you all enjoyed.

Love those brownings. Now I want a Medalist 22LR.

Dave