I haven't had as good success as you guys...

My mom gave my dad a BL22 one year for Christmas in the 70's. So, when I was older I got to use it for squirrel hunting. Couldn't hit a coffee can at 20 yards with the thing. Dad couldn't either, just figured we were bad shots. So I used a .410 for all my shooting as a kid thereafter.

Fast forward 25 years...
Last year I took it, cleaned it up and did some real bench work with the gun from bags at 25 yards. Figured I was a much better shot now, so I was curious what it could do. I brought various ammo and wanted to see what the gun could do. Best 5 shot group at 25 yards ran 5" - no kidding. I handed it to a friend of mine to shoot, same thing.

I also dug out of his closet a much abused Marlin 81, marked JC Higgins that we never shot because it looked like a piece of crap. Same day, same bench, same ammo, bullets in the same hole.

I told my dad how well that gun shot and he chuckled 'take piece of junk'. I kept the Marlin and gave him the Browing back. I assume one day I'll inherit the BL22. Not sure if I should refinish it like I plan to with his other guns or give it to an enemy of mine.

I know, I got a bad one, but man, it sure couldn't be any worse.