Originally Posted by splattermatic
wow, a 5 year old could screw a fal together... or at least a guy or gal with an iq of 15.
That may be true with an IMBEL receiver, but that's most certainly not the case with other receivers, especially in the past. Most of the early US made FAL receivers were VERY challenging to build guns on, so I think his statement is probably fairly accurate. The current DPMS receivers are very good and I hear that much of the pains have been ironed out on the Enterprise recievers. Still, the IMBEL receiver is THE way to go if you're building from a kit (and an IMBEL kit, ain't half bad either).

Originally Posted by splattermatic
and yes fal's may not be the most accurate battle rifle 2 - 3 moa, but there is some reason 93 countries around the world adopted it as their main battle rifle... they are utterly reliable...
Agreed, but I think your average FAL will run closer to the 2MOA mark with any ole .308 and between 1-1.5MOA with something like Federal Match. Generally speaking, the FAL out of the box will out shoot rack grade M14's which were always considered to be accurate (few non-military folks have any idea how accurate, or not, the M14 really was - Typically 2-3 MOA). And another problem with American shooters is they don't realize that 2.5 MOA is accurate enough to do most any military job you can imagine with the execption of sniper shots past 700 yards. If I have a weapon shooting 2.5 MOA, I won't compromise one iota of reliability for more accuracy...people just don't get that.