Originally Posted by 547
I know it's all in how you mount the scope but it don't take a "Rocket scientist" to figure out that this system can't be as secure as mounting your bases to the receiver using genuine screws with a dab of lok-tight (if desired)............547.

I think that you are wrong. Properly tightened the Sako system should be more secure than relying on 4 small screws. In general the fewer screws the better. I'd bet that there's a 100 rifles out there with loose base screws for every Sako that might have improperly tightened rings.

How many rifles have you seen with improperly drilled and tapped base mounting screws? I've seen Dozens. This can't happen with the Sako Dovetail.

The Sako Dovetails self tighten as the gun is fired. They also allow for windage adjustment so that a scope can be mounted in it's optical center. With the right rings you can have a dead solid mounting system that won't scratch your scope, won't move in recoil, be mounted on optical center and can be removed and reinstalled without changing zero. If the Dovetail mounting system was the standard and or more widely available people would be complaining about having to use separate bases held on by flimsy screws. The Dovetails are a superior mounting system that's just not what most US shooters are used to................................DJ

Remember this is all supposed to be for fun.......................