Jordan - as you know, I've got 2 laminated T3's, the 270 and 300WSM's. I remember your "bottoming out" issue which caused you to pillar bed. At first read, I thought, what a great idea! And on many rifles, it is.

I have always tightened my stock bolts down pretty snug and could understand your reasoning for thinking that pillar bedding would solve the bottoming out problem. I'm thinking that the T3's, for whatever reason, were designed a certain way, for certain reasons. Perhaps it makes little sense to expect that pillar bedding wouldn't help the best shooters shoot even a bit better, but evidently, that and any other bedding compounds you've applied, have made it less than the shooter it was when stock. Actually, that's quite obvious given the shooter you said it once was. My 2 laminated T3's are some very accurate shooters as well......unmolested.

I'm no less apt to "tinker" as you did, but have learned only recently that toying with perfection oftentimes only causes me frustration down the road......generally speaking. I don't know if you can get 'er back to stock again by any method outside of purchasing another stock. And as I've written before, I believe that the laminated T3's are a thing of the past, less private sales or auction sites. And I've never seen just a T3 stock of any type for sale as I've tried to find a laminated stock to replace a synthetic on one of my other T3's.......no luck.

Were you shootin' these groups with the TTSX's I just sent you?

Last edited by magnumb; 05/09/09.