Hook...

Your RSI has the same "problem" mine has... all that wood around the barrel is affecting the accuracy as the barrel heats up... and the short, relatively thin RSI barrel heats up ENOUGH after only one shot to cause the Mannlicher-style stock to begin "touching" the barrel which affects the rifle's accuracy.

That's EXACTLY why I bought the very accurate, heavy-barreled (their "Varmint" model) CZ453 (.22 rimfire w/single-set trigger). I shoot one shot outta the RSI, then lay it aside and shoot a couple of 5-shot groups with the CZ.

By the time I finish the 2nd. 5-shot group with the CZ, the RSI's barrel has cooled down enough to give me another very accurate shot which often makes a "figure 8" outta the first shot.

Then I, again, shoot a couple of 5-shot groups with the CZ and pick up the RSI and shoot yet another single round. Often, the little RSI "prints" a "clover-leaf" with it's third shot.

As you so correctly pointed out, the little RSI IS truly "accurate", but not if repeated shots are fired outta a hot barrel.

Of course, when hunting... one often fires only a single round... or maybe two rounds. And I'm willing to bet that most RSI's put that first shot EXACTLY where it was supposed to be. The 2nd. shot (if fired) often doesn't go to the same point-of-aim, but hits close enough to be an effective hunting rifle.

Of course, if you put the first round where it belongs, you won't need a 2nd shot. smile

Strength & Honor...

Ron T.

It's smart to hang around old guys 'cause they know lotsa stuff...