My RSI 7x57 initially shot well enough, about 1.5" @ 100 with 3-4 "@200y. HUnting season rolled around, temperatures dipped to about 15F. Now it was an entirely different story 200 yard groups of 6-8" and regularly shifting impact points to the right and up. Way too much for deer hunting requirements. Way too much variability for any shooting requirements.
Needles to say I disposed of it ASAP.
This is not the first Mannlicher type stock I have tried.
Before that it was a Remington Model 7 Manlicher .308 with laminate stock. It warped too at temperature changes, a Manlicher Mauser 66 in .243, a Manlicher Schoenauer in 6.5x54, all proved to be unreliable performers,even if zeroed at temperatures commensurate with those encountered while hunting in the field. Even sealing the stocks on the inside with epoxy and multi layers of hand rubbed oil made no significant impact. Just getting from inside the warm truck in the late fall/winter will throw your impact point off.

I dearly love the looks of the full length stock.
However when hunting, pretty is as pretty does.
Full length skinny stocks always will warp on you with temperature shifts or major changes in humidity. Probably fine in areas where you get no major temperature shifts unlike Alberta.
Reliability leaves to be desired. My main requirement in a chosen hunting rifle is RELIABILITY and CONSISTENCY.
The best role for a Mannlicher is as a range rifle funshooter, or possibly as a short range hunting tool in an extremely stable climate with very little humidity or temperature changes like Africa or southern US.

Last edited by shrike; 07/26/09.