Great posts guys.

It's fun to reflect back on your own evolution as you deal with this disease most of us seem to suffer from.

As a beginner I was all about magnums with 26" semi bull barrels and high mag scopes with bullets moving at Mach 9. Jeez, the first rifle I bought myself was a Ruger 77 300 Win Mag with the red "pad". Nothing wrong with that but probably not the best choice for a skinny kid that didn't weigh anything. Of course I couldn't have the wimpy 24" barrel, I needed a 26" semi-bull. Hell, in my know-it-all state I made fun of people who shot sensible rounds with fixed 4x's with tiny barrels and lots of wood. I would have never looked twice at a #1 RSI. Good thing we get a chance to grow up.

Don't get me wrong, I've not stopped playing with magnums or long range toys. I still play around plenty. But it ought to be worth something that I now have a bunch of single shots in the safe. Some guns I own simply because of their history. Hell I even have a 03-A3 in 35 Whelen being built as we speak. UNHEARD OF!!! And it even has open sights!

Thats why I love this game. The game doesn't change as much as we do. What phase will come next?

This is fun schitt. Scott

The church is close, but the road is icey. The tavern is far, but I will walk carefully. -Russian Proverb