I can't speak to walnut; the only wood-stocked guns I have are a Citori and a BLR.

I've generally avoided wood stocks because I see no practical advantage over laminate, in my climate (rain) especially, and my guns are practical tools. Not showpieces. If I wanted showpieces, however, I'd use walnut all the way as it is undeniably beautiful.

I own a few laminate stocked rifles. In our rainy climate it's that or synthetic (for me) because I have enough to worry about in my life already. smile I can get home from a day in the drizzle with a SOAKED rifle, lean it in the corner by the woodstove, and go to bed without a worry. Get up the next day and do it again.

Laminate does have a couple clear advantages over synthethics, and they are sound and smell. A lammie stock is much quieter in the thick stuff. And at least some synth stocks are really smelly.

I like the heft of laminate too. Solid. If shootin' the deer doesn't work, I can club them to death. smile

In a dryer climate and/or if I wanted purty guns I'd go walnut. It shares most of the advantages over plastic/synth that I mention above.

Art, please don't. wink

The CENTER will hold.

Reality, Patriotism,Trump: you can only pick two

FÜCK PUTIN!