One of those hotshot new Gizmo cartridges (204) ruining a gun wink Kidding.

Art, I was on the college Karate team, that demo was ok, but the guy did miss that last board a few times.

I only broke one board in my life, the instructors son had a leftover board after a demo in a mall, and I wanted to break one just because I never had before, so I did. Board breaking is a stunt, no real karate skill needed, but follow through with a strong technique is ...just to say that some can break boards w/o karate skill.

The most impressive was a club member black belt, I believe it was 6 people total holding the boards he broke (4 behind the two w/hands on - to back up). 5 boards in total, all together, about all any of the holders could get their hands around. The black belt did a side thrust kick and I was stunned when he broke all 5 on the first try, it was a solid SNAP. It was as much a feat for him, as it was for those who held those 5 boards rigid enough to take the impact w/o absorbing the impact which would disallow breakage, but holding tight against the force needed to break them. That was one strong kick let me tell you.

I like the benefits of a lam stock, and its looks if done right compared to lackluster wood. BUT, they usually are heavy. Money aside, properly cured quality wood is all the more pleasing to the eye and should be fine afield esp. when sealed well.

Not sure if they are still made but a friend had several Sako customs, armor alloy action coating w/ synthetics that looked like wood. They looked nice and were functional. McMillan Fibergrain comes to mind....

I still like nice wood, Don you always have some nice ones to show. My father's fancy walnut model 12s always mesmerized me.

I always wondered, just how does one know if a blank is 'properly cured' other than the trust of who you get it from? Really. Can you determine how well it's dried naturally? There must be some equipment that can measure moisture per above specs.