My last few bows:

(all 70lbs with 30" draw)

Switchback XT 295fps(400grn arrow)
LX 305fps(400grn arrow)
Bow Tech Patriot 305fps(400grn arrow)
Pearson Spoiler Split limb 275(400grn)304fps with GT ULs
Pearson 440 Quad 275(400grn) The Quad and Spoiler were identicle bows with the same cams.
High Country Phantom II 245 fps(ICS 340s at 28" with 100grn tips, never weighed them)

I like a 400grn total weight arrow for deer hunting. Most of those chronoed speeds(except for the High Country) were with GT XTs cut at 28" and using 100grn heads. I also have some older PSE Carbon Force Extreme 300s(weigh the same as the XTs).

I usually get within 20fps of the IBO using a 400grn arrow with my 30" draw.

Draw length helps a ton. I sold the Quad to a friend of mine and installed a 27" DL mod, that dropped the speed 30 fps(about 10fps per inch seems to be the norm).

Going from the LX to the XT I only lost 10fps, but with the 295, she's still humming. I prefer something in the 300fps neighborhood as I use 1 pin out to 30yds and it allows me to be within 2" in trajectory. When the High Country was my primary bow, I always had to aim low from tree stands on close range shots due to the arc of the slower velocity. The faster bows eliminate trajectory issues at all practical ranges(less than 30) simply due to the speed and flat trajectory.

I've tinkered with the Chrono and various equipment. Everything you add to the bow seems to slow it a bit. Most of the above bows had peeps with tubes, string leeches, limb savers, WB rest, and loops. All of those slightly reduced the speeds, but those are the speeds they were while rigged out for hunting. On a hunting rig, I could care less how much speed I lose for the minimum of having: loop, peep w/ tube, limbsavers, string leeches, and a Wisker Biscuit rest. Those are my stubborn requirements on any hunting bow as they just plain work.

Have a Good One,

loder