Funny how the elbow works. I can draw the bow with a release and the ligaments that connect on the back of the forearm to joint are not used. However with fingers they are. These connections at the elbow from my fingers/wrist are what get my joint all swollen and make it feel as if it's gonna pop loose again.

I can shoot with fingers for about 2 days in a week, maybe 60-100 shots which puts me right at the point of inflammation and problems. If I shoot 20-30 arrows a day for a day or two a week then it's okay, or if I shoot the Oneida Osprey all I want it's okay. Guess I have not found the limit with the Oneida yet. I shoot fish with it all summer and never have a problem.

When I learned of the trigger releases and shot with them, I found I could shoot all I want and never had a problem. I have gone back to the Martin Bow with fingers and tried again thinking I must be cured and this would be good again. However within a few days, actually within a few dozen shots, I could feel the difference in my elbow and had to stop.

So Archery is good again but I gotta shoot the release or the oneida. Now if only there was a kinder gentler cam design that crossed the span between todays harsh wicked hard double cams and the Oneida lever limb draw curve?

www.huntingadventures.net
Are you living your life, or just paying bills until you die?
When you hit the pearly gates I want to be there just to see the massive pile of dead 5hit at your feet. ( John Peyton)