My most recent M700's are both shooters... A big heavy M700P in .223, and a Sendero in .300 WM.

HOWEVER, the throat on the 300 WM is waaaaaay out there, and it had/has a burr at the chamber mouth that has caused me much frustration. And it's a brass-eating SOB; splits case necks after just a few reloads. That could be my die set also; I have not done the work to determine the cause of that. My intent is to shoot out this barrel ASAP and re-tube, so I've just been annealing cases rather than getting torqued over it...

But again- both of them SHOOT. And generally speaking the machining is good on them.

Lee24, if you did indeed contribute to the XCR coating process, good on ye. My XCR has seen some real weather and the coating really does work.

I got involved in 'puters around '82. Well I remember 8-bit CP/M machines and Fortran and Pascal... Then C (C+) came along and took over... then about when I stopped programming was when the "meta language" compilers were taking over... Nowadays there's so much code between the programmer and machine language that it's amazing the whole shebang works! smile

Back to the pissing match, I'm outa here!

The CENTER will hold.

Reality, Patriotism,Trump: you can only pick two

FÜCK PUTIN!