poodleshooter, i think you got a good thing goin' there.

i'm on the back end of it, with mom reacting hatefully to other WAY WEIRD old ladies in the rest home. she keeps to herself and gets real defensive if a particular old CRAZY lady in a wheelchair pedals up to her with more nuttiness.

you stick by your boy there. sounds like you're doing a darned good job as it is... i think you are a FINE figure of a father, judging by what you've told me.

a lifetime ago, i was a victim of bullies until i stood up to one. got my butt kicked the first time, and the second. but the third guy figured it out the hard way, i didn't take any more knocks than i would have anyhow, and i got a whole lotta respect from everybody else. my lunch money was MY lunch money. there wasn't any daddy hangin' around takin' up my slack, and forget the school ma'arms. they were too busy huffing ciggies in the teacher's lounge and swilling coffee...

i wish the best for you and yours through trying times. i think you're doing EXACTLY the right thing.

for what it's worth, an adult stabbing an adult with a pencil is what's called 'aggravated assault with a deadly weapon'. when i worked in a law firm and we dealt often with recently released felons to discuss our representation and their payment options on a regular basis. i carried a gold cross pen to those meetings. on a regular basis. just sayin'.

all you naysayers and continual-counterinsurgency types out there at the CAMPFIRE... what we have here, is a man who deserves the moniker of "DADDY".

-tom

Wag More. Bark Less.