Here is my one weird bullet story. One rifle season I was in a climbing tree stand overlooking a big oak flat in the Ozark timber with a Marlin M1895 .45-70 in hand. The rifle was stoked with Winchester factory loaded 300 gr. hollow points. A nice eight point walked into the flat about 115 yards below me. I could see the buck clearly and he was absolutely broadside going from left to right. A sharp whistle stopped him. I busted that buck perfectly on the right shoulder, that high shoulder shot that drops them right in their tracks. The buck stiffened out, sorta like he was stretching, and just slowly and stiffly toppled over on his left side. When I got to him and looked him over I was surprised to see an exit would high up on the left side of his neck. Later after skinning I saw the bullet had hit the right side shoulder and penetrated to the spine, turned hard right and wallowed along the spine through the neck, then took a sharp left through the spine and exited way up high near the back of the head. The bullet path was a very long �Z� shape and the corners were sharply turned. I thought that odd behavior for a big old fairly slow chunk of lead.

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.