Originally Posted by CZ550
Some ambivalence and ambiguity, eh Con?

Some people are never happy with 100%. They must strive for 101%! And without doubt would never be satisfied with 120% either if it were achievable. The problem isn't the ballistics but the psyche.

Why would anyone, who buys a very fine CZ 550 in .458WM, feel they NEED more as they would already have more than ample in their .458WM, and they also have the equivalent of a Lott if they handload?

Me? I'm usually happy with 95%. But then life is so full of misses and disappointments that I can live with less than that.
100% is NEVER attainable in all of life, even in the hunting fields if you spend more time hunting than dreaming.

A CZ 550 in .458WM can do it all in big game hunting anywhere in the world, whatever the legal target. Nothing more is needed. And most of the time it isn't needed. Today, my CZ is my go-to rifle for most hunting of big game, for what I hunt and where I hunt. That's moose and black bear. If I were ever to make it to Africa again, with the chance to hunt buff or ele, that would be my rifle. Period. End of discussion.

Those who change their CZ 550 in .458WM into a Lott will never be satisfied either. They will start looking at 450 Dakotas, .500's, etc.

Go to the AR forum and check out their Big Bores section and you'll see what I mean.

Bob

www.bigbores.ca

I guess it all boils down to a personal choice and we can all rationalize our choices. I purchase rifles to hunt with but who knows one day I may just want to blow big holes in paper and the weight of the rifles and muzzle brakes do not matter.

The CZ is a large action and the 458 win. mag. does not require such a large action....one of the benefits of the win. mag. is it can be housed in a standard action which makes for a lighter, timmer rifle....but to each his own and that's the way it should be.

Last edited by JJS; 12/19/09.