gotlost:

There's one thing that we need to confirm before 50 people in 40 vehicles arrive at this place and that's the ability to park vehicles and travel trailers. The campground has only a handfull of spots (I think I read 14) and I saw in another post that there's only room for three vehicles at the crew quarters. I think it's logical to anticipate that we will fill up the campground and parking area at the crew quarters. And that assumes that we will be the only people there. That's not a good bet in June. Everyone has assumed that since we will be on U.S. Forest Service land, we can camp anywhere. We all know that tents are very flexible so they can be setup in lots of places. But what about the vehicles that go with those tents? There may be several million acres of land but how many opportunities are there to park a vehicle off of the road? How much of it is flat enough to park a trailer? And where can trailers get off the road if/when the campground and crew quarters parking area fills up?

I plan to arrive early and get a spot and will be more than willing to share that spot with others. I will try to stake out more than one spot by putting my trailer in one, and parking my pickup in another. That way I can give that spot to someone else from our group who might arrive late. But what about those that arrive even later? The campground may be full of campers and many of them may not be part of our group.

The best situation would be to talk to someone who is familiar with the area and therefore already knows what opportunities are available. If we're not that lucky, then someone needs to get up there as soon as the snow melts and the roads open up, to see if there are opportunities to camp in areas other than the campground and crew quarters.

Do we need to reserve that Guard Station also? Is there room in the corral to park trailers?

KC

Wind in my hair, Sun on my face, I gazed at the wide open spaces, And I was at home.