Another note for trollhunting 101 is look at their posting records and compare them with known bad agents.

This for example.

Lee24 - last post 01/21/10 03:31 PM
JBurner's - first post 01/21/10 04:31 AM

In just looking at JBurner's fanciful claims that lack things like photographs, details about PH's and such it's clear to me that he is simply Lee24 come back and living out some Walter Mitty fantasy from his mothers basement.

Another good clue is when there's a campfire get together near a troll they won't show. Now I regard this as a good thing since I regard most not too well put together. Hunter1960 is a very good example of that.

I have been lucky enough to meet a fair amount of Campfire members face to face. The DC Grill and Chill, the TN pig hunt and the get together at the Whittington Facility in NM provided opportunities to meet some great folks and put some faces to names. There's a not a one I wouldn't be happy to share a real fire with again.

Look at a person's profile and posts for troll clues as well. While most don't use there real name here most of the good ones will have a location or at least reference there or two to locations in their posts. Barak is one exception to that and while I don't agree with his anarchist philosophy he is courteous and honest in his dealing on the fire and we would be lessoned without him.

VANimrod is very good at putting clues together and his hints on troll ID would be very useful if he's like to post some. If we had access from Rick's end or could view post headers like on Usenet it would be trivial. That's OK though as the hunt is often the best part of the game. grin

If something on the internet makes you angry the odds are you're being manipulated