Originally Posted by sharpsguy
jim62--My life is not about trying to find a load for a cranky rifle. A long time ago I figured out that life is too short to tolerate tempermental women and tempermental rifles. I have a wonderful wife and a gunsafe full of accurate rifles.

Maybe you have had good luck with your 1886s. Granted, mine is a sample of one, but it won't reliably hit a dinner plate at 100 yards. To me, a chef is only as good as the last meal he serves in his restaurant. Poor food means I ain't eatin' there anymore. If my 86 happened to turn out to be a dog, so be it. FWIW, my Marlin Cowboy is the only one of those I have ever owned, and it shoots lights out--and it is ALSO A SAMPLE OF ONE. My Cowboy Marlin Shoots, and my 1886 doesn't. Get over it.

Hmmm. The three different 1886 carbines I have shot since they were released in 1992 would do at least 2 inches or at 100 yards for three shots with the factory sights (properly shaded and shot off a rest)..

If your Browning 1886 Carbine truly will not "reliably a dinner plate" at 100 yards, then is the FIRST lever rifle of ANY make or model I have ever heard of that was that inaccurate since most dinner plates are 8" plus in diameter..

You might consider sending that Browning of yours to Buffalo Bill Firearms Museum in Cody. Any lever gun that inaccurate should be documented and have it's own wing due to it's rarity..

Last edited by jim62; 03/26/10.

To all gunmaker critics-
"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.."- Teddy Roosevelt