Originally Posted by idahostalker
is their anything that the A7 and 85 have that the Tikka doesnt that makes them better?

I'm a pretty big Tikka T3 fan - have run a few - and they are crazy accurate with most everything (least finicky rifle I've ever messed with), light, well balanced with good beef in the barrel, slick action, superb Sako trigger adjustable for weight with an allen wrench without even removing the stock (and no creep - break like glass), barrels are Sako also - and accuracy shows it. They're cheap and they just shoot.

A7 features that Tikka doesn't have:
1. A lever release for unloading while on safety;
2. A magazine release that requires the magazine be depressed before it will release - to prevent "magazine AD"...grin.
3. A true short action rather than a LA with a bolt stop like the T3.
4. A7 has most all the Tikka features above except the proven accuracy - although they look very promising so far.

Both have some plastic and have tupperware stocks (but the T3's and A7' I've run/heard of still shoot like they have been glass and pillar bedded into a trued action with a custom barrel screwed on by the best in the business).

Right now, I'd gamble on an A7 over a T3 if I can buy it in stainless for the $565 + incidentals...

DJ