Congratulations on being a Life Member of NRA. Israel & Switzerland are excellent examples where keeping fully auto weapons in the home works & is readily available for defense of their country. I believe if statistics are checked that unfortunately Americans commit more crimes than most developed nations. Drugs, organized crime, & those with mental issues are a big part of those statistics. Few countries have the approach that our country does in releasing mental patients & being politically correct in requiring individuals to seek professional help or be incarcerated. One has to only look at the Virginia Tech. tragedy to see an example of this. Suppose this nut had had a fully auto gun. If one looks at the vast number of mass murders in the US in past years I can only shutter at what could have happened if fully auto guns were used. Certainly criminals could import illegally machine guns, but most would agree that allowing unregulated sale of machine guns could & would result in many be used in street crimes & ever more mass murders. I would suggest that those that feel no compromise is the way to go on gun issues find a venue that supports that opinion. Write your representatives & state that there is to be no restriction of any form on any gun manufactured including machine guns & why not include grenades as well. Grenades should work well on PD's so why not legalize. Also state that you don't care what non gun owners believe & if they decide to vote even more regulations you damn well didn't compromise even one little bit. Some seem to feel that their opinion is the only opinion & if you disagree FU or some such insult. At any rate everyone is entitled to their opinion & I respect that. Support pro gun regulations any way you choose.

Life Members SCI & NRA. NRA Instructor & RSO. What have YOU done to support hunting & gun rights?