Yes, Every one knows if you poke a hole in a deer with anything it will......sooner or later die of blood loss or infection. You sounds like you found something that you liked and stuck with it. Thats great. Nothing wrong with that. Before I moved to NC, I had endless deer targets in Florida. I too had a favorite caliber, the little 243. I have a wall full of horns that fell to that little caliber. When I moved to CO. during my stint with the military, The elk were a little bigger than the Florida deer that I was use to hunting. Enter the 7mm Mag. That has been my primary round ever since. I have used a gun store full of different loads bullets and calibers AFTER I filled my freezer each year. Point being I KNOW what works and what don't. My post on the 175 was an inquiry for use on deer as it was a bullet weight I my self had not tried on game. But alot of people around here use. I was looking for other peoples opinion who had used this piticular load on deer and the results they got. Personally I like to watch my game fall with in a short distance after the bang be it 25 yard head shot or 500 yard hit in the air box. Something you could not always do with a lesser caliber