My 7mm is an 1981 BDL that I had a new laminated stock put on and a new (old stock) black stainless steel barrel installed at Remington. I shoot 20 rounds every other week to stay "in touch". I shoot 3 shot groups with it then allow the barrel to cool. Out of six groups for the day, 4 will be 3/4 and two may have a single flyer. making the group open up to 1 to 1.25 inch. I clean her after 20 rounds back to a copperless bore. I have a factory origanal M700 PSS with a 5-R barrel in 308 I have had for some years now. It shoots in the .300"s all day with out a single flyer. I also have a Ruger 25-06 in a Varmint target that with the nosler 115NBT's I have shot several groups in the mid .100'S .200 is it's average.

I don't even intertain the thought of keeping one that won't group well under an inch. That's not to say I don't go threw a few to find them. As far as 7mm Mags go. I know several A few from Savage, Remington and one Winchester that shoot around 1/2 and all factory. Kinda normal from what I seen.

Most 7mm mags are pretty darn good shooters as are the 280's and 7mm-08's. Of course I have seen some junk as well.

You never did say what kinda groups your 7mm gets?