Originally Posted by 257_X_50
I have to say, if I got 10 inch groups
I would worry about a lot more than the loading bench.
45 or 475, Dillion cranking them out, always around 1 1/2 in at 25 yards, or some thing is wrong. Too many rounds down range maybe, but load them and shoot.

I use a single lot of brass, and bullet seating means a lot in bench rest, but at 10 inches I would wonder.

I keep an accurate High Standard 22 to check myself if things get very bad.

People do blame their guns too much though.

Remember the 1st 40/40 in pistol?

Everyone wanted to know how he modded his Contender, what kind of brass for his 7TCU.....

"Just stock, and let's see, some Remington, a few Winchester, can't read these........."

The boy could shoot.

The revolver is a special problem not found with single shots or rifles. There is no comparison. I shot many, many 39's and 40's with my revolver but with single shots one had to get rid of the 40 targets and the match is won by shoot off targets. Many times I would hold an inch at 150 meters with my XP100. I have two single shots left and they are tough to beat. Much easier to get groups with.
These are typical groups shot at 100 and 200 meters with my pistols. Notice while working loads with the MOA, I put 5 shots in 3/8" at 100 meters.
Do not confuse a single shot with a revolver. Apples and oranges.
If you do not agree with my revolver assessment, say so and explain to the good folks here why you think I am wrong.
[Linked Image]