Originally Posted by 257_X_50
BFR:

I was talking about revolvers, 45 and 475. I stated range and group.

The group I had trouble with was the 10 incher. Did I question your other groups?

With the big guns, many times it is the shooter. At the end of the day with the big guns, I seldom shoot as well as when I started.

Otherwise most poeple shooting the SAME gun with the SAME load would have about the same group.

"Most of the time it is not you or your gun." Thems your words, not mine.
Many times people blame their gun for their own faults.

Maybe I misread your statement, if so, sorry and tell me again, I am slow at times, and I read your posts.

I brought up the 40X40 case to show how people get trickitus, when what they need to do is practice, and be criticle of their own shooting.

You get 10 folks and have them shoot an accurate 22 with the same ammo, do they all shoot about the same?

I agree some have a problem with their shooting, not my point at all. I am never critical of a persons shooting and can't help there. But if your gun is only able to shoot 4" groups at 25 yards, how good can you get? Yes, everyone shoots different but if the gun is accurate, the poor shooter can improve but if the gun sprays boolits, nobody will get good.
Accuracy first even if someone else works up the gun.
Believe me I miss a lot but after I miss, I know what I did wrong and as long as it was not the gun or load, that is fine with me. I am the loose nut.
What I meant by poor shooting was not about the shooter or gun but how the rounds were loaded. A good shooter with a good gun will not do his best if the loads have something wrong and a poor shooter will never improve either. I am correct that no matter the capability of the shooter, bad loads shoot bad. My goal is to eliminate the bad loads and if the best a person can do is 2" at 25, I don't want their gun to do 5". I want their gun to do 2" or much, much less so they can maintain 2".
Can you accept that sometimes it is not you or your gun no matter how you shoot? I don't care how you shoot. I just want your gun to do it's best.
Don't confuse shooter ability with accuracy. Don't you feel better with a super accurate gun no matter how good you can make it shoot?
If I hand you my rifle and tell you it will do 1/4" at 100 and you only shoot 2", I will not yell at you. But if the gun only does 3" and you shoot 6", I am critical of the gun, not you because I know if the gun shot better, so would you.
If you take your revolver and shoot a 1" group at 100 yards, why would you not want the next group to be the same. 2", 3" 4", I DON'T CARE, only that all of your groups are the same, not 1" one time and 12" the next.
I agree that fatigue is bad and other factors make a gun hard to shoot. This thing I push is not about the shooter or anything else, it is only about how the gun---by itself--can shoot. I don't care if you flinch like mad, I only care if the boolit goes where the barrel was pointing when it went off.
Don't confuse gun accuracy with shooter ability. Two different issues. I can only help with one, read what I say. test, form your own opinions and if anything helps you, I will be happy. You don't even have to send me a bottle! I like Scotch by the way! crazy