And another from 08. I'm taking a journal on my trip.

Viewing Hunt Report 7004

DATE AND PLACE OF HUNT
Report ID: 7004 Weapon Used: Rifle How Hunt Was Conducted? Guided
Date of Hunt: Apr 24 2008 to May 14 2008
Place of Hunt: Zimbabwe - Area/Concession: Chewore South

OUTFITTER, GUIDE AND BOOKING AGENT DETAILS

Outfitter (or safari company): Chifuti Safaris. PO Box BW 957, Burrowdale. Harare, Zimbabwe. Tel. 011-264-4852-2867. E-mail: chifutimweb.co.zw, Web: www.chifutisafaris.com
Personal Guide (if any):
Booking Agent (if any): Tim Danklef, Safari Classics. 5206 McKinney Ave Suite 101. Dallas, TX, 75205. E-mail: tdanklefaol.com
Trip Arrangements
(if self-guided):
License Required:

GAME DESCRIPTION

Major Game Animals Taken: Lion - Availability: Abundant - Trophy Size: 12 year old, 26.5 inch skull. Excellent male.
Leopard - Availability: Abundant - Trophy Size: Great leopard, typical tom for the Zambezi Valley.
Buffalo, Cape - Availability: Abundant - Trophy Size: Very good bull.
Buffalo, Cape - Availability: Abundant - Trophy Size: Very good cow.
Antelope, Klipspringer - Availability: Average - Trophy Size: Excellent raml.
Impala - Availability: Average

Game Sought But Not Taken: Species: Sable - Reason for Lack of Success: The area we hunted was absolutely great for dangerous game but sable were limited.

Game Condition Comments: Just a super area for lion, leopard and Cape buffalo.

SERVICE RATINGS (excellent, good, fair or poor)

Quality of Outfit: Excellent Guide/PH Ability: Excellent
Condition of Camp: Good Condition of Equipment: Excellent
Quality of Food: Excellent Trophy Care: Excellent
Name of Airline: Delta Airline Service: Good
Airline Comments: No real problems. Delta personnel were polite and professional.

COSTS
Hunting Fees: Amount: $63000
Trophy Fees: Amount: $0
Permits/Licenses: Amount: $0
Commercial Airfares: Amount: $0
Charter Airfares: Amount: $0
Other Costs: Hotel coming and going. Amount: $350
Total: $63350

SUMMARY REMARKS
Problems of Hunt:
Highlights of Hunt: Taking a 12 year old free ranging wild lion with a 26.5" skull. It only takes 23" to make the SCI record book. There were 10 lion in the pride. One of the adult males in the pride walked up to our blind and stuck his nose into the brush exterior while we were in the blind
Equipment Recommendations: Avon Skin So Soft insect repellent for tsetse flies. Unlined leather gloves, GPS, you'll use them and cloth shoe chaps.
Would You Recommend This Hunt to a Friend? Yes
Why? The best once in a lifetime hunting trip I've ever been on. Chifuti's people and particularly my professional hunter Len Taylor were just outstanding.

HUNTER INFORMATION
Hunter Name: Phil Bird
Contact Information: Tel. 205-921-5502 - PO Box 1927, Hamilton, AL 35570 - E-mail: pbirdcenturytel.net
Hunting Experience: Alaska four times, Africa three times, Russia and most western and southern US states.
Physical Condition: Good.

IMPORTANT NOTES (actions taken if hunter unhappy with hunt)

Notified Outfitter? N/A Notified Personal Guide? N/A Notified Booking Agent? N/A
Seeking any kind of restitution or other settlement from agent, outfitter or guide? N/A
If Seeking Restitution, What is Sought?

ADDITIONAL HUNTER COMMENTS AND/OR OUTFITTER/BOOKING AGENT REBUTTAL
My professional hunter was the best I've hunted with and I've hunted with some excellent ones. Andrew Dawson, Paul Smith and their whole team were very professional and did a Great Job. They just got the Chewore South Concession in late 2007 and were rebuilding the camps. I plan on hunting with them again. The Safari Classics team of Tim Danklef, Dave Fulson, and Tamera had a very complete pre hunt package which helped get you ready for the hunt. They are hunters themselves and were extremely helpful. I'l be back to hunt with them again!!!

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward