To my mind, they are both as accurate as you want to make them. There is no reason why either can't be a 1MOA rifle or less as long as the shooter, rifle, and ammunition are up to it at the same time. If you can keep two shots within 2 inches at 50 yards, that is probably sufficient for anything you would hunt with with either round so accuracy usually isn't the driving force in the cartridge selection for DG.

As to which would I choose, I went with the .416 over the .458. I think it depends on just what you're going to do with it. Myself, I was most interested in using it for buff and did not ever foresee myself being able to afford to go elephant hunting where I think the .458 probably has the edge over the .416. For buff, though, the .458 isn't necessary and the .416 has plenty so that is why I went the route I did. Now, if I were to buy a .458, I'd go the Lott route just because then I could still shoot the shorter Winchester round if I wanted to but could alway ratchet up the power a bit just by using the longer Lott case. In any event, I think the .416 is a good compromise if you're only going to have one rifle to do it all on safari. It is more than enough for buff, leopard, and lion and will certainly get the job done on an elephant with the right solid bullet. The .416 won't ever be considered a "stopper" but I don't think that's what you were getting at. Just my humble opinion.
Test