My favorite big bore is the 416 Rem. and the 404 Jefferys and its the most practical. I guess I had better add the .416 Ruger to that scenario as its also a dandy 40 caliber, and the big 40s will kill anything on this planet with aplomb as O'Connor used to say..but so will the .458 Win with a proper hand load. Is the 458 a better stopper, I doubt it but it's certainly just as good.

As to accuracy I would say that would depend on the individual rifle more than anything else..

I have not been a fan of the .458 as I always felt it was poorly designed and should have had a 3" case, but I have a lot of very well informed buddies with a world of experience that swear by it, so I'm not really anal about my disaprovel, but it is fun to stir the masses from time to time on the subject..I have been looking for a good deal on a .458 but will probably build one this summer. That will have a couple of the local scribes rolling in the dirt with glee! smile smile mutter and slobbering "I told you so's..:) smile smile

Either way you will do fine in the African bush.