Originally Posted by Rman

I have decent chrony, but nothing fancy, and it gets used every time I work up loads. The SD on my 208 A-max load was around 35fps. This was with RL22. I will add that this was done in the fall, with cooler temperatures. We are also fairly high here, altitude wise, at 3600 feet. I wonder if those two factors have more than a little to do with results?

Thanks.

R.

You made my point....35fps for a SD would be incredible in my 220 swift with 55gr bullets, 35fps SD would also be good in the 300WM if you are shooting 165gr bullets.

The 210gr VLD Berger is a long range bullet, it is also heavy for the bore size in a 30cal. A 35fps SD is not acceptable with a combo that is capable of 1000yd accuracy, with my current rifle shooting the 210gr VLD with H1000 the muzzle velocity is only 2865fps but the SD is 8 fps.
At 1000yds you will get significantly more vertical in your group's with a 35fps SD.
H1000 is the only powder that I found that is capable of great accuracy and single digit SD's ,the only other powder in the realm with this combo was RL25 and SD's in the teen's. the 208 A-Max shoot good but not great.
B