Sorry. No pics............But here are the particulars, etc for my deer set-up

The same rifle that I use for hogs and elk, is also the same that is used for deer when I hunt deer. I hunt hogs (primarily more than deer), but do hunt deer in the same thicker terrain, sometimes going from stand to stand (climbing up and down them), as well as in the more open country, where longer ranged shots occur.

On hunts, I much prefer handier, shorter, but very powerful (for longer ranged open country shots) compact rifles, which can also double as truck guns. Although about 5" longer in OAL, my 375 Ruger Alaskan follows that same basic format.

For deer, I`d use my 300 WSM Ruger Frontier compact; w/2.5-10x32 Sightron S2 (mounted conventionally; primarily an open country scope), and for closer terrain versatility if warranted (say within 200 yards), I can also mount forward of the action, a faster target acquisition and aiming (both eyes open) 2.75x20 Burris scout scope on that same rifle.

Using 190 and 200 gr bullets for larger than deer game, and depending on the load, that `lil shorty Frontier, can give me 1800 lbs to nearly a ton of downrange energy at 500 yards. Using the lighter bullets, it is an extremely effective longer ranged deer rifle too.

28 Nosler,,,,300WSM,,,,338-378 Wby,,,,375 Ruger