Originally Posted by srwshooter
the 270win in a tikka t3 lite.

or maybe browning abolt in 7mm-08

or maybe savage 111 in 7mm mag

depends on the mood

i have killed way more with the 270,i've owned 8-10 different ones,savage,remington,tikka,encore,sako,winchester it doesn't make much differents what brand ,still a great deer caliber.

+1. While I've not owned many 270 Win rifles, I started with that caliber and I'll end with it. For me it just seems to work great on deer and I've tried a bunch of different calibers over the years. My favorite rifle now is a Model 70 Classic that I bought used. Other than adding a Leupold 6 x 42 scope, I've done nothing to it. I use the regular Hornady 130 gr IB ammo in it, though this year I'm gonna try some Federal Power-Shok ammo with 150 gr RN bullet. With this being said, I'm eyeing my SIL's Savage 270 with Accutrigger. I bought it for him and put a Leupold 6 x 36 scope on it. However, he's in the Navy and lives out of town. So, I guess I'm gonna have to keep it broke in. With the exception of Hornady's LM 130 gr IB ammo, this rifle is very accurate with any load I've tried. No knock on the Hornady LM ammo, the Savage just doesn't like it. It shoots the regular Hornady 130 IB factory load great. Go figure.

Almost forgot, I hunt in SE MS, where in over 17 years of hunting in this location the farthest I've ever shot a deer is about 125 yards. There is a possibility of longer shots up to 350 yards, if a big buck is ever dumb enough to come out in the open next to the camp house. Thus far, none have cooperated.