Originally Posted by JohnMoses
I think the one damnable issue in all this that poses the biggest problem for Remington, is the fact that the man who designed it is on record as saying a potentially unsafe condition existed. He created a fix and wrote multiple memos on the subject warning of AD's that were ignored.

That in itself will make it almost impossible for Remington to win in court cases where someone was killed by one of these rifles.

JM

That's kinda what I've been wondering about too, in regards to anyone saying that there is no problem. I have no doubt that most of the trigger issues are a result of "bubba" messing with the trigger, but from what I understand, Remington has internal docs showing that the trigger has a potential flaw, and that there are 'proven' cases of rifles right out of the box where the rifle could be made to fire w/out touching the trigger at the time the firing pin drops - i.e. put on the safety, mess w/ the trigger, resulting in the sear dropping when the safety was moved back to the 'fire' position.

Like I said before, I've had quite a few Rem-Walker triggers, unaltered (meaning they still had the factory seals over the adjustment screws) and I could never reproduce the 'problem' ... but that doesn't mean it didn't happen in some instances...

-WGM-