DJ ... I think you are being fair and objective ... and what I'm about to say, well, I hope you don't consider it a knock on your credibility, as that's not what I'm trying to do ...

but simply said, I can't accept the fact that "more than half" of them failed the sear reset test - assuming the test was done properly. I say that only because I've messed with quite a few of the old-style (Rem-Walker) triggers and haven't had any of them fail that test unless I adjusted them down to a pull weight and/or a small enough sear engagement that they would fail.

I've got rifles in my safe wearing the old-style triggers that are set down "below" how they were issued from the factory, and I can't get them to fail in any way with any of the prescribed common "functionality tests" ... Obviously this is a simple matter of YMMV being different than mine.

As for the "inferior safety design", I don't argue with anyone that says a safety that locks the firing pin is better ... however, I never have put enough trust into any mechanical safety to care. As previously stated, I don't go hot until (practically speaking) it's time to fire ... therefore, I really don't need a safety at all, under any circumstances.

Lastly ... the new X-Mark Pro trigger has eliminated the floating connector AND has a safety that blocks the firing mechanism of the trigger assembly (unlike the older style safety) ... that's not the same as directly blocking the firing pin, but it does offer a much improved safety design, for those who are concerned about it.

-WGM-