Originally Posted by djpaintless
Originally Posted by jim62
Originally Posted by djpaintless

The primary extraction can is on the bolt handle and gets peened over due to the soft pot-metal used in the bolt handle.

Pot metal bolt handles?

WTF PLANET are you on?

Those bolt handles are made from steel.

I'm from a planet where people know the difference between different grades of steel, MIM injection molded vs forged parts, welded vs brazed, splined vs press fit.

Have you actually checked a few M700 bolt handles before you made this post? Do you actually think that all steel is the same?........................................DJ

DJ,

Well, at least I know what "pot metal" actually is- you sure as hell don't seem to really have a clue, given how loosely you use the term.

I have owned Remington m700s for over 30 years. I have examined plenty of Remington m700 bolts.

I have both a m75 Sako and a 2007 made Remington m700 in the safe right now. No "peening" of the cocking cam on the bolt on either gun.

And both have been shot quite a bit.

Sorry.

And, I have NEVER heard of ONE topflight gunsmith in the US who works on m700s EVER bitch about "soft" M700 bolt handle cocking cams either.

To all gunmaker critics-
"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.."- Teddy Roosevelt