Your post shows me that in your circumstance that the 260 Remington did the best job.

Our garage was littered with old Sierra 150 gr 30 Caliber bullets that did not proceed out of the deer after they were shot.

I might have found one or two Hornady's in the last 15 years out of 45 or 50 deer that I had processed.
Most times the only way to find the bullet is if you took a bad shot and the bullet had to travel further then normal to make the kill. I have nothing against a bullet getting caught on the far side of the cape - as long as it killed the deer.
But most times there is no reason to shoot a deer in the face or at angles which requires the bullet to go from the front to the back of the deer - or to shoot one in the buttock just so you can get a deer. I'm not that desperate for a deer....

I only ever recovered one bullet from a tree - after shooting a deer. Most times the deer is dead and I am more worried about it not running and about getting it processed and out of the woods and loaded in the truck then I am about trying to find the bullet. I would say that the hills around my tree stand and the timber in Jefferson county Pennsylvania is full of lead from hunters shooting at whitetail deer....
Brookville Wood Products runs all its timber through a metal detector before it ever gets to the head saw for that very same reason.