Originally Posted by .280Rem
Originally Posted by GeauxLSU
I suspect that the vast majority of those so mystified and taking pot shots at those LSU fans that want Les gone are:
1) NOT alum
2) Have never donated one red cent to the Atheletic Foundation.
3) Watched between 0-2 LSU games this year.
4) Would soil themselves if Les was announced as the new head coach of their school.

I also notice no one mentioned a prime example of his coaching brillance in the Cotton Bowl. The challenge on the touchdown when it was 1st down and less than one FOOT to go for a TD in the first half and he challenged the spot/call (that of course stood). whistle
To answer some of you who just can't understand what "all the fuss is about". I want a coach that coaches UP and brings the best out of the kids and gets them to play to their potential. It's not just about the record. It's about how well your team plays and are you making the most out of what you have. Les, inheirted a talented bunch and recruiting juggernaut and his big accomplishment is he's been able to keep the wheels form coming off (despite the white knuckled ride). The man needs to GO! Yes they've had an impressive record since he's been there. I assure you, a great coach, even a pretty good one, would have done even better. I promise you Nick Satan (evil incarnate) would have had at least one other BCS championship and at least 2 additional BCS bowl games. Anyone reading this thread would have had a hard time not doing as 'well' as Les.
Did anyone really think his denial about not hearing from Michigan was honest? That is one lie I can forgive him for.
As someone said, he who pays the bills is boss. I trust the AD's words are simply marketing or class on his part and they allow Les to move on.
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=6003504

Saying "It's not about the record" is like saying "It's not about the money."

Miles' shortcomings as a coach are basically clock management, and some coaching calls on game day, many of which work out well for him despite being against the norm. The rest of what you cite isn't an issue, but something folks have to make up to feel better about hating Miles. Doesn't coach players up? I'm certain you're referring to the QB situation. Does Miles coach QBs? Does every QB that gets good coaching up make a good SEC QB? That, along with the supposition that someone else would have done a better job? Crystal ball?

Look, just say you don't like him, he's not a fit. Don't make stuff up.
You go to the trouble of actually typing quotes around a MISquote, attribute it to me, and then tell ME not to 'make stuff up'? laugh
I love internet forums. The great bastion of America's higher education system.
I put the word 'JUST' in there for a reason. Apparently I wasted the keystrokes.
I tell you what.... "I don't like him, he's not a fit and.... he's an idiot!". How's that?
Good luck to your Tiger/Eagle/Plainsmen tonight. I hope they stomp the snot out of the Ducks (even though I sort of like them, well as much as you can like a PAC10 team). If they don't, it won't be because of your coach.

NRA Lifer
"It is curious that physical courage should be so common in the world and moral courage so rare." - Mark Twain
"Everybody has principles... until they are an inconvenience." - Me